Don’t let your dog stop and smell these flowers!

Did you know that some of spring’s most beautiful flowers are toxic (even deadly) to dogs? lists 10 of the most poisonous plants. Topping the list are daffodils, hyacinths, azaleas, and the Japanese yew (the red berries and plant). Of course smelling flowers isn’t harmful, but ingesting them can be fatal. Especially to puppies who can get into everything! For more information, you can read the full article here.

The picture to the right is of “oleander”.  The article said this one was very toxic, and also common in landscaping.  I didn’t know what it looked like by the name.  Apparently it also comes in white.

3 Comments on “Don’t let your dog stop and smell these flowers!

  1. Wow… our yard contains both azaleas and daffodils. I’ll have to keep an eye on the plants to make sure they don’t mysteriously begin losing flowers. Thanks for posting this!

  2. Does anyone know if dandelion buds are bad for dogs to eat? The yellow ones?

  3. Every dog owner should have Hydrogen Peroxide in their doggie first aid kit. Hydrogen peroxide can induce vomiting and could save your dogs life. Never give Hydrogen Peroxide to your dog untill you have talked to your vet. Tell the vet what you dog has injested. In some cases inducing vomiting may make the poisoning worse. Your vet will instruct you to use Hydrogen Peroxide in necessary and at what dosage.

    It also works great for to clean minor cuts your dog may get.