Herbal flea powder
With the rise of temperatures, the fleas get worse. Have you found anything that works? From dogster.com I read this all natural flea control recipe. I haven’t tried it yet, but it sounds great! All these herbs you can buy dry from a health food store. I’m not sure about wormwood and rue though…
You said it: with a rise in temperature comes a rise in the flea population.
Herbal Flea Control Recipe:
1. Combine one part of as many of the following powdered herbs as possible: Eucalyptus, rosemary, fennel, yellow dock, wormwood, rue.
2. Put mixture in shaker-top jar.
3. Apply the flea powder to your dog’s fur by brushing backwards and sprinkling it into the base of the hair (especially focus on the neck, back and belly).
4. Immediately take your dog outside so the vacating fleas don’t wind up on your floor.
5. Use this natural flea control recipe as frequently as necessary, up to several times per week for more serious infestations.
I have successfully been using Nature’s Farmacy, Inc. Yeast and Garlic since September 2008. I have had no fleas and live in Charleston, SC where there are many fleas. I purchase the product locally at All is Well (www.alliswellpet.com) or you can purchase it from Nature’s Farmacy (www.naturesfarmacy.com).