November 2009 Weave Trivia Contest
Welcome to AgilityFusion, the first blog that is a fusion of both agility and life, with daily articles and fun contests! If you have never registered before, please do so now. It will take you an insignificant amount of time (10 seconds) and yield you significant benefits! One of which is to be able to qualify in the contest below! Thank you, and I hope you enjoy your visit here!_______________________________________________________________
Earn ‘Doggie Dollars’!
Put your thinking cap on, it’s time to test your Weave Pole I.Q.! How much do you know about this challenging obstacle? Answer the trivia questions below, and for each correct answer you could get $5 “Doggie Dollars” to use toward a new weave pole set, or anything else that sparks your fancy! Win up to $45 credit. One winner will be randomly drawn by our computer system, and this person’s correct answers will then be added up. Deadline for entries is Monday, November 9th and winner will be notified (if you are a registered user) on Tuesday.
- Name 3 training methods used to train weaves
- The training method popularized by trainer Susan Garrett is called:
- What side of the first pole does your dog have to enter?
- How many weaves are in the non-sanctioned Purina Weave Pole Challenge?
- What is the maximum amount of poles commonly found in a regular sanctioned trial?
- True or False: The distance between poles is adjustable for different sized dogs.
- What is the name of a class that has just weaves, jumps, and tunnels in it, but no other obstacles?
- True or False. To qualify in the highest/classes (i.e. excellent, masters, etc) of agility competitions, your dog can miss a pole, but only one and only once.
- True or False: In a trial, if your dog runs by the weaves or pops out of a pole, you are allowed to go back and start them again.
To enter your answers, copy the questions and paste them into the comments section of this post. You will find this area down below (if you are on the dedicated post page) or there will be a little link in the upper right corner that says “comments”.