That’s what I say as I clutch my cup of extra strong tea and eat my piece of chocolate in the mornings. Addictive? No. Addicted? Not me!
Same goes for agility. You know you’re (not) addicted to agility when:
- Money is really not much of an object. You can save to buy what you need (because you do need twelve weave poles…if not two sets of twelve!) and while you’re saving, you have a picture of it on your desktop, to remind yourself. You have no money for anything else.
- When you see a row of parking poles, or sticks, or trees, or bushes… or a mental image… you feel the need to weave through it and otherwise practice your handling skills- with or without your dog.
- When your car has obstacles, leashes, treat bags and kennels in it and you’re okay with it.
- When you decide another dog isn’t a bad idea- twice the fun, right? And this time you can start with a puppy…
- Your firewood makes great jump wings or balancing obstacles.
- So do your potted plants!!!
- You know unequivocally how high your dog should be jumping in every organization you frequent.
- You can find your records easier now- never know when you need them for trial entry or class entry!
- You devote more time to picking treats for your dogs than you do picking snacks for yourself.
- You probably devote more time to picking out dog food than your own menu planning.
- Your eyes light up when you meet someone at a festival who praises your dog and complains about their ‘high energy dog, just don’t know what to do…’ a potential convert!!!
- You suddenly find your dog is the best company you’ve ever had, and you want to spend more and more time with them.
- You have fifty billion clickers. You might not use them- but you DO have them.
I have all the symptoms above- and more. But I’m not addicted.
I can handle it.
Are you new to the Agility Fusion Blog?
If so, welcome! Here you will enjoy daily tips and interesting news on the subject of agility, dog ownership, and life! Not only that, but every month we have a contest to win a gift certificate or an obstacle! Become a member today! Simply enter your email address here. You will then be able to participate in the contests, and will get priority notification of contests and other AgilityFusion news. How fun is that! Click here for more info. and to sign up.