Chutes can be tricky, even though they’re a lot of fun! Use these tips to keep your dog charging through!
- Shorten the chute for beginners or shy dogs.
- Let in the light Start by lifting the chute so your dog can see you as he goes through.
- Keep it sweet. Give lots of treats after your dog comes barreling out!
- Straight and narrow. If your dog has issues, call them straight through the chute to lessen the chances of them getting lost in the folds of fabric.
- Once your dog is committed to the obstacle and going through, call them. Be careful where you call from! if you call from behind they may turn around. Call from in front, and to the side from which they are to exit.