New Year’s Resolutions for your Dog to Remember
If you are one of those that has given up on setting New Year’s resolutions we challenge you to try just one more time. There are a few gems of advise we have come across to help you keep those promises to yourself until you reach your goal. Be realistic in your goal setting, winning the lottery by buying a ticket everyday is just silly. Set small goals with a valuable reward for accomplishment, the very way you should be training your dog! Get a resolution buddy, someone that can help you and you them on those days you want to give up. And speaking of helping a friend, what about your dog? They definitely need a resolution buddy for these goals!
- I will not play tug-of-war with Dad’s underwear when he’s on the toilet.
- I will remember the garbage collector is NOT stealing our stuff.
- I will not suddenly stand up when I’m lying under the coffee table.
- I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.
- I will shake the rainwater off BEFORE entering the house.
- I will not eat the cats’ food, “Kitty Box Crunchies,” or other excrements.
- I will vomit on the tile only and never in the car.
- I will not roll on dead birds, squirrels, rabbits, etc.
- I will not eat socks, shoes, rags, etc.
- I will not take treats from the diaper pail.
- I will not wake Mommy with a cold wet nose on her bottom.
- I will not chew toothbrushes.
- I will not chew red crayons or pens to scare Mom by making her think I am hemorrhaging.
- I will not dig up the perennial beds, gardens or lawns.
Ok, so maybe your dog needs a resolution buddy army! And while most of these should be fixed, some are just the rewards of owning dogs. So, maybe your resolution to your dog should be to remember those puppy kisses each time you are dealing with failed resolutions.